Music subject teacher (part-time)
The vacancy will remain open until filled.
Nant-y-Cwm Steiner School is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced teacher to teach music to all 4 of the classes in the main school. This will usually be 2 lessons with each class. The age ranges are 6-14 and the majority of classes are 2 combined years.
- The music teacher will be supported by a mentor appointed by the teaching team.
- The music teacher is responsible to the teaching team and Collegiate
- The music teacher is responsible for their own lesson preparation
- The post is part-time and will be made up of eight 45 minutes lessons per week, term time only. This will be two lessons for each class in the main school. All the lessons can be taught on two days, currently this is Tuesday and Thursday.
The job will entail:
- Keeping the children up to standard with their musical development, according to their age group and the principles of education laid down by Rudolf Steiner.
- Having an understanding of the Steiner Waldorf curriculum for music.
- Writing individual pupil reports at the end of the academic year.
- Working alongside the Class Teachers.
We value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Interview Date: TBC
How to Apply
Please take a look at the detailed Job Description before completing the Application Form.
Nant-y-Cwm Steiner School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of our recruitment procedure, before applying, please read the school’s Safeguarding Children Policy.
Please either type directly in the fillable form using Microsoft Word, or print out and complete the PDF form in black ink. If you have any problems downloading the information please just contact us.
You are welcome to contact the school office to discuss the Music subject teacher (part-time)’s vacancy on 01437 563640 or by email.