Nant-y- Cwm Steiner School is looking for an enthusiastic individual to teach Welsh lessons on a part-time basis.
The Welsh Teacher will be part of a Teaching Team working in the main school and will be responsible for planning and delivering Welsh language lessons within the Steiner Waldorf language curriculum.
Responsible to: The Teaching Team and School Management Team.
The Welsh Teacher will be supported by an appointed member of the Teaching Team.
- To provide an age appropriate curriculum for Welsh based on an understanding of the Steiner Waldorf language curriculum
- To plan and prepare and deliver Welsh lessons to classes 1 to 8
- To plan an annual scheme of work
- To maintain good classroom behaviour to ensure learning objectives of the class and the provisions of the School’s Health and Safety policy are met
- To record pupils progress and write an annual report
- To liase with the SENCO and class teacher as appropriate
- Be aware of school’s policies, procedures and Health and Safety documents
- To attend INSET training days as required
All staff at Nant-y-Cwm School have a duty to safeguard pupils from physical, sexual, emotional abuse and neglect. This includes reporting
any concerns to the CPO. All staff must be familiar with the Safeguarding and Whistle blowing policy.
Staff must take care of the children under their supervision by taking all reasonable steps to ensure their health, safety and welfare, including ensuring first aid is administered when required. Staff must be aware of any Health Care Plan in place for any child under their supervision.
All staff have responsibility for their actions within the school grounds and in ensuring the health, safety and welfare of all children, staff, including teaching, support and temporary staff. All staff also have a duty to ensure those pupils, visitors, contractors and others are not put at risk by any activities or the condition of our buildings, site and equipment. Risks should be assessed by the person conducting the activity and managed accordingly.
Please refer to the Staff Handbook for more information.
Person Specification Essential Requirements
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post-holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS and barred list check. All staff have to undertake Child Protection Training.
Job Description & Person Specification
- An awareness of Steiner Waldorf Education
- Teaching experience
- Welsh speaker
- Ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative
- Good communication skills with colleagues, children and parents
- To maintain confidentiality
Experience of teaching in a Steiner Waldorf School
A Welsh qualification
A teaching qualification
A first aid certificate
Full time salary £18,500. This post is paid pro-rata at approxiamately 15% depending on number of lessons taught.
All applications must be made on a School Application Form available from the school office on 01437 563640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th January 2018.
The post is to start 26th February 2018.