Date: Saturday, November 13, 2021 @ 9.30am - 1.30pm
Location: Nant-y-Cwm School
Email Patrick for more information
Shwmae School Community
Welcome back to school. Autumn is well underway and what better time to plan a Garden Work Day at Nant-Y-Cwm!
Date: Saturday, 13th November
Timings: 9.30am start. 1.30pm finish with time for lunch and a chat
There’s lots of great jobs to suit everyone from light to heavy work. Take your pick. Everyone is welcome, even if you can only stay for a short time.
Here’s what we plan to do!
- Clear back brambles to open garden to orchard.
- Remove fence to orchard and reinstate steps.
- Make higher side shelves in greenhouse (train tomoatos n cucumbers in summer, mice proof for autumn/winter seeds sowing)
- Set up water pipes n water buts to collect rain water on sides of greenhouse and pipes from orchard.
- Cut back budlia even more.
- Careful cutting of a few bows of cherry tree.
- Clear around garden and plant more berry shrubs.
- Create more garden beds
- Making a compost system
Please bring appropriate clothes and gear for the above jobs, e.g. waterproofs, stout footwear, tough gloves, warm clothes.
Please bring your own food and drink.
Children are also welcome to come and play outside in the playground and field, under supervision, but there will be no access to any of the buildings.
Please do not attend if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with anyone testing positive within the previous 10 days.